Tuesday 6 January 2015

Café et Conversation, fixed up, done and dusted

People have been asking when the next café et conversation is, and I have not done anything about it... till today.
I called on Frenchman Maurice in the village who had told me he would be happy to host the next one. I was concerned that with a large group the house may not accommodate us or that cups and saucers might prove difficult. Today Maurice gave Malc and I a guided tour of the property. Plenty big enough for 50 + with a huge area in the house for the very large indoor swimming pool, with adjoining bar and tables. My eyes lit up and I said " what a brilliant space for parties" Well in the past this is exactly what Maurice and his wife liked to do... party.
Maurice and his wife, whilst  she was alive led an interesting life travelling the world and indeed 12 years of their life was spent in Senegal and Mauretania where Maurice an electrical engineer taught his students how to build power stations. We spent an fascinating morning swapping life stories and I can assure all of you who come to "Café et Conversation" on the  Thursday 22nd of January it will not be a dull morning. As always it will be at 10.30 am. We had to change the day this time or it would have clashed with the foire at Laguepie, which all the French go to for vegetables and knick knacks.
Café et conversation  Thursday 22nd of January at 10.30am
If you fancy coming and improving your knowledge of French and making friends in the village, please join us and everyone is welcome.
Contact me for details of how to find Maurice    Val     mail@bromlea.com