Tuesday 5 August 2014

An old women of 91 attacked and robbed in a " maison de retraite" in Toulouse

This story more than surprises me.
 How did the robbers, more than one of them, get into the old ladies room, tie her up, slap her about a bit giving " blessures" and then steal her jewelry.

The first thing I remembered about my mother being in an old people's home was the home managers took all her jewelry  and put it in their safe. There was no way the managers wanted old people with anything valuable to lose or be stolen.
I felt it dehumanised Mums life  as she so loved her jewelry but it certainly was the safest thing.
Also you had to ring a bell to be let in or know the code to open the door and then sign in and out.
I cannot imagine it is much different in a French " maison de retraite"

If it was your elderly frail relative there would certainly be questions you would be asking and wanting answers from the home managers.

The spell check insists on jewelry with one " l" the American way, I really do not like it but am too tired to argue!
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com