Monday 25 November 2013

Greg Honey, new Cookery Editor

Greg  Honey  A food Biography.
I become interested in food & cooking in my early 20’s, living a singleton life in a small flat in central London.
Due to my work-related travel and the area where I lived, I started experimenting with such exotic recipes as Spag Bol, Chilli Con Carne & Beef Tokany. I still have my original tattered cook-book “Encyclopedia of World Cookery” by Elizabeth Campbell, bought at a W.H. Smith bookstall.
Over the years Deirdre & I collected recipes from a wide variety of sources and with the advent of the PC, these recipes were converted to digital format & any interesting recipes that came my way found their way into my PC-based library.
Partly due to a local grower & herdsman where we lived in Sussex, we became firm converts to seasonal cooking, so I’ll try to keep this up with recipes that I submit to TAG-online, taking my cue from our local St Antonin market.
The digital format allows us to make our own annotations within the recipeswhich I highlight in RED, to distinguish our comments, adjustments etc. from those of the original author.
Enjoy reading and cooking
Greg Honey
Val says  A very  warm welcome to TAG, Greg and I look forward to trying some of your recipes. I see you are starting with soups and I must admit to being the " soup maker" in our house. It may surprise you, readers but I do cook sometimes.
Look in the Cooks label in a few minutes for  the start of Greg's recipes