Friday 22 November 2013

DIY takes on a whole new aspect!

Dear Val,
Re- travelling nurses-  I think you are right to be concerned at  the waste of resources but there is nothing to stop you from collecting the jab from the  pharmacy and administering the vaccine  to yourself or to each other. . Deep sub-cutaneous  injections are not dangerous if given in the upper out quarter of the buttock or the fleshy part of the thigh. It isn’t rocket science. Just remember to put the date and the batch number on the paper and keep it in your records. That’s the hard part!
Sally C.
Val says I would rather waste a few resources than let Malc near me with a needle, and I know he would look at me in horror if I suggested jabbing him.
Fortunately the nurse came this morning and she pooh poohed the idea of us going into Varen to her, she can pass anyway coming from St. Martial every day. Malc thinks she gets paid for coming out so it is worth  it for her. 
Malc and I were just looking at the bigger picture of nurses driving all over rural France when not really needed to. When we are at the stage of not being able to drive ourselves you can bet your life the Secu will have decided they cannot afford these rural services.
Malc says  we are totally untrained! if we were diabetics and had to do it we would get some training.