Thursday 28 November 2013

Cat of my heart, our Fred

AS with children you really should try not to have favourites but when you get a pet that is no trouble and just loves you beyond measure, you have to have a sneaking preference for that one.
Fred we think was run over about 3 years ago and had to have his leg pinned which entailed him being in a cage for 3 months. Whenever I sat down I used to get him out and put him on my knee, so now he has a proprietorial right to my knees. He can be asleep anywhere in the house but as soon as my bottom sinks into a chair, he appears. it is not often I write TAG without Fred on my knee. The children  when here jokingly call him " Fat Fred" and I pretend to get upset, saying " no, he is just a little tubby" He is on slimming cat food, but then again so are they all.
My favourite feature about Fred is his pink nose and I often tickle him calling him " my Pinkle Purr " as he purrs with a pink nose .The name comes from the poem by A. A. Milne
Pinkle Purr
Tattoo was the mother of Pinkle Purr,
A little black nothing of feet and fur;
And by-and-by, when his eyes came through,
He saw his mother, the big Tattoo.
And all that he learned he learned from her.
'I'll ask my mother,' says Pinkle Purr.

Tattoo was the mother of Pinkle Purr,
A ridiculous kitten with silky fur.
And little black Pinkle grew and grew
Till he got as big as the big Tattoo.
And all that he did he did with her.
'Two friends together,' says Pinkle Purr.

Tattoo was the mother of Pinkle Purr,
An adventurous cat in a coat of fur.
And whenever he thought of a thing to do,
He didn't much bother about Tattoo,
For he knows it's nothing to do with her,
So 'See you later,' says Pinkle Purr.

Tattoo is the mother of Pinkle Purr,
An enormous leopard with coal-black fur.
A little brown kitten that's nearly new
Is now playing games with its big Tattoo…
And Pink looks lazily down at her:
'Dear little Tat,' says Pinkle Purr.

Comments to taglines82@gmail.com