Thursday 21 November 2013

A Thousand Years of Christmas with Sally Bradshaw of Najac

We are arriving at Najac  December and I will bring some films with me.
I have just ordered Sundays and
Cybèle, an award winning film with English subtitles, and I have others
including les Enfants du Paradis. Is there scope for one of your Film
Thursdays?
Let me know.
I hope you are well. I am getting ready to do a tour of Christmas words and
music shows. I will be at the Stephen Joseph theatre Scarborough and the
Square Chapel Halifax among other places...check out their websites for the
details. 
Sally

Val says I checked out Sally's website ( info below)and if you are a second homer back in England and if you get a chance to go and hear Sally sing, make the effort. She is worth hearing.
Also I will arrange a couple of evenings for the showings of  some of Sally's films 


A Thousand Years of Christmas 2013 style          http://songful.blogspot.co.uk/

The popular show we tour almost every year is on the road again! I am joined by the original, seasoned pianist and MD Michael Haslam, and actor Kevin Moore who is breathtaking in versatility. We will be taking the title literally, as one of the pieces we will perform is "Winter Song" by Howard Skempton, composed in 2012 to words written in 2010 byAlexander McCall Smith.And some of the early music is swathed in ancient mystery. The Gregorian chant used was around long before Christianity and is found in Ancient Greece and India too.....But in between these challenging extremes lie Music Hall songs, traditional carols, and readings which range from mystical to cute to creepy. All Human Christmases are here! You can catch the show at the Square Chapel, Halifax on December 4th, Stephen Joseph Theatre Scarborough on 7th and Hartlebury Castle, Worcester, on 12th. Details are on the relevant websites. See you there!