Friday 27 January 2017

nous sommes le vendredi vingt sept janvier

French presidential candidate Francois Fillon on Thursday hit back at claims his wife had been paid €500,000 ($540,000) for a fictitious job by saying she had "always worked for me".
Fillon, a conservative who is currently the presidential frontrunner in opinion polls, said British-born Penelope Fillon had been his parliamentary assistant doing tasks such as correcting his speeches and attending demonstrations.
   
"There is not the slightest doubt that my wife has worked as a parliamentary assistant for me for years," he said in an interview with TF1 television.
 
"My wife has always worked for me, she has always been by my side in my public life," Fillon said.
   
Pressed on what work she did, he added: "She corrected my speeches, she received a huge number of people whom I couldn't see, she represented me at demonstrations, she did press reviews for me and she passed on people's requests."
   
The national financial prosecutor has opened an investigation into the allegations, which were made this week by the Canard Enchaine newspaper.
   
Fillon's lawyer on Thursday submitted documents to investigators to support his case.
Val says  I think we need Fillon to have a strong bid as he to my mind seems the strongest person to defeat Le Pen. I think this will be resolved.