Friday 8 August 2014

All she is saying is, give youth a chance.

Julia  who lives at Verfeil reads TAG and like everyone understands most of it.
She sent the piece in French and wanted nicely to defend  her young French friends of the village. In truth many are our French friends, coming often to our neighbours over the road. We have always had a polite warm welcome from them and like Julia feel that young are needed in a village.

When we got the first email I was not sure if it was a group we did not know but Julia assures me many have family in the area and have made the brave decision to bring up families in the village.
Here is Julia's piece  roughly translated.

I have lived in Verfeil for one year. I appreciate the calm and the friendliness of this pretty village. I have had the chance to forge links with many neighbours but it makes me sad to see that for  the most
the houses are closed all year.
This village was very dynamic a few years ago with shops; and a festival known throughout the region. Today the village is partially deserted and lacks what makes the spirit of a village : its inhabitants.
It is excellent news that a group of young people also with young children choose to live in a village like Verfeil.
You must not confuse the young with delinquents. I never lock my door with a key and the designs with chalk on the floor of the halle  I do not find a degradation of the space but show the village is alive.
I have never heard the noise at night or heard of a rise in criminality.
For some months a group of villagers in Verfeil have been trying to organise get-togethers to get rid of these prejudices and make links in a village which is in evolution.

Julia, Verfeil

Val says  well she has won me over. I think Hazel and the councillor in the town should meet the young and make friends, the life of the village will change but maybe for the better.
If you all become friends they will probably respond to being asked to keep the noise down. If the children climb on the Monuments des Morts explain to them why they must not do it, but do it in a "granny" like way. Actually thinking of my Granny who might give a clip round the ear maybe not!
Interestingly this has nothing to do with integration of cultures but integration of ages.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com