Saturday 21 June 2014

To name or not to name + dual nationality

Hi Val, 
I was wondering too why some posts have no name or  even a pseudonym, particularly if they react to something you or one of the readers have written, fully disclosing their name. However, I quite like pseudonyms because it still gives an idea about a person behind a post. I am quite happy to use my own name on this blog, but would respect anyone's choice of a pseudonym. It's the NO NAME posts which I  find confusing.
As to dual nationality, if only this were possible for the Dutch. I do not want to give up my Dutch nationality, but would have loved to have British nationality as well, having lived in Britain since 1967. The Brits are quite happy about dual nationality, but not so the Dutch. So Dutch I remain, with most of my time divided between UK and France. (Actually, I doubt whether I would pass the nationality test in UK, even though I hold several degrees from UK  universities. I have taken it on line a few times and scored dismally on the inane questions asked. ) You and Malcolm are lucky that you could have dual nationality and I wish you success with obtaining French nationality.
Have a lovely weekend,
Elly

 Val says  - how interesting, so you are Dutch or you are not! So I suppose Dutch people are not going to give up their Dutch nationality to be French. I would think very hard before giving up British nationality although I am so keen to have French.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com