Saturday 28 June 2014

Warm, welcoming and polite, that's the French.

 Hi Val
Interesting how we experience this part of France differently. I have found the people here warm, welcoming, direct yet polite and definitly very helpful. I admire their way of living, their appreciation of smaller things in life like the long lunch break and shared meals, the way they deal with ups and downs,.'c'est la vie'. But then again, I didn't come to France just for the climate, the food and the wine. I feel grateful that I am allowed to live here and I try to show my respect for the french by 
adapting a bit to their way of life. Why on earth would they have to adapt to us, or worse, be servile?

A of Najac

Val says -  A -  talks sense, impossible to generalise though,as all our experiences with the French have not been good, I am thinking of that lousy  french joiner. On the other hand we have met and made friends with many lovely French people. There are a lot of Brits one steers clear of and a lot we love.
 People are people, some good and friendly, some not friendly or good.
As I said earlier I think the " servile "word in Leila's post should have been "civil."
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com