Sunday 25 August 2013

The English Church in the Midi Pyrenees and Aude

To Taglines,

I have been living here in the Tarn for a long time (on and off since 1987) but have only just come across taglines - it is excellent. How did I not find it before, I ask myself.

I am the churchwarden of the Tarn congregation of the Anglican Chaplaincy of Midi-Pyrénées & Aude - we have congregations in Alet-les Bains near Carcassonne, Toulouse, Cahors, Vayrac and Brens, next to Gaillac. At Brens we have services in English every Sunday at 11am - see attachment. We have a full time chaplain and two assistant chaplains.

I have two questions for tagline:

1.       Is taglines, like so many aspects of life in France, strictly secular, with no room for information about church services?

2.       We raise money to support our chaplain in various ways including selling Christmas cards and cards for general use - could we put these on your site? I have attached copies of the cards. The cards are designed by a professional artist and printed professionally.

We are fully registered according to the laws of France, both as a "cult" and as an "association" and a charity. We have a website - www.churchinmidipa.org

I look forward to hearing from you
Robin Johnston
Val says  So glad you have found TAG Robin and glad you find it excellent. It is a community magazine of which I am the editor, we embrace everyone  and every activity our readers do , providing it is legal of course. We welcome you and I am sure many readers will look at your link and I hope you get feedback. TAG at the moment supports two charities, Liberte des Anes, a donkey refuge and Via Sahel Enfants d' Afrique which supports street children in Mali. As we keep growing and getting more adverts we will then be able to support more charities. Pass on our link as readers do and who knows how many more organisations we will be able to support in the future. Oh and yes you can put a link to cards for sale to support your cause