Friday 30 August 2013

Les anesses en chaleur

Why when you have other plans do the pets here come up with other ideas for the morning. I had finished watering the tubs and hanging baskets whilst Malc walked the dogs up the lane. I was  just planning my second cup of tea when Malc arrived back to say the girls had escaped from their field. My heart sang, it literally plummets into my tummy (well it feels like that) So on with my boots and off up the road with their loved grey buckets. Not so sure how much they love the grey buckets but they certainly love the donkey feed in them. We spotted them in a wood, a field away from their own and from where there were  no road worries.  We were able to get them trotting faster and faster behind us, after the buckets. A bit of a dangerous procedure this as both donkeys keep nudging you in the back. A gentle nudge from you and me is quite different from a donkey's gentle nudge, which can propel you flat on your face. Anyway the little darlings (I do not call them that, till they are safely back in their field) soon were munching contentedly from their buckets in the shade of a large oak  tree. Malc electrified the bit of fence they escaped through and we both stood admiring the view from that part of the field. Wonderful  morning, wonderful day.
They may try it again as they are in season and they really would like a bit of  love from the male donkey they have heard in the distance.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com