Monday 26 August 2013

One of my little homilies

I heard someone recently say " I do not give money to charities and I hate being asked to give all the time."
Firstly let me say an attitude like that never makes you happy, the most pleasurable thing in the world is giving, be it money, your time, a kind word, just being thoughtful. Fortunately TAG asks no one
for money except advertisers. We do have fund raising events which I understand are not for everyone but fortunately are for some. Having fun and giving at the same time is such a pleasure. The Regatta is totally free but at least 6 people gave their time to make others have a nice day. Giving is not always about money. Happiness is gained by empathy with others, to animals and all creatures. Oh! Gosh this could be a Sunday sermon brought on by finding the local church contact! but no, it is simply I know that  the people who do not give are missing out.
I checked this post with Malc, who said " post it if you want " Saintly Val"
I may regret it, but here goes. Anyway a bit of controversy appears to be good for viewing figures .
 My Mother will be looking down saying " I do not  know where I went wrong with our Val, I told her charity begins at home"
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com