Thursday 29 October 2015

Ee, by gum, we had some fun

We are back in Henley now, packing again to be up at 4.30am to catch a flight to Toulouse tomorrow.
We have all been reminiscing on our travels and we all agree the funniest episode was at Robin Hoods Bay, where we went in to a pretty tea shop in a cobbled street in this ancient fishing village. The two ladies running it were hilarious. As we arrived one was giving the wrong change to a customer, who was pleading no, no please check. I only gave you 10 pounds, I do not need 20 pounds change!!
We all sat down and ordered our meals, when they came not one was right. Hot chocolate with out cream, all with cream, toasted sandwich not toasted, no scone which had been ordered. The elderly lady explained, she had been at the Doctors that morning and he was 5 minutes late and it had just thrown her. I was  very understanding and told her not to worry and she seemed to take a liking to me. After my meal she approached me with a large spoon and a bottle of vinegar. " I would  like you to try my home made vinegar" and  she poured a spoonful. I could think of nothing I would like less, but had a spoonful saying "very nice". Then said " I bet my husband would like to try!! " he had been behind  pulling faces.
Malc went to pay and said "I will pay for the table next to us as well. "She  replied Oh! you can't do that love, they have paid and left" Malc said " not the ones who left, the ones we sat talking to that are still here"  Do you really want to do that she said? There were only four tables in the place, two occuppied by us!
We were all by this time in fits of stiffled laughter, laughing all the way home.
We felt we were in a sitcom, perhaps with Mrs Overall.
Tomorrows TAG will be back in France
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com