Sunday 21 October 2012

You are not alone and we can achieve good things.

One of the benefits of  TAG is all the people, many of them single who received these  huge tax demands would never have known the extent of the problem with out TAG. There is something comforting in knowing it is going to turn out to be a mistake from Montauban. I think this is even more clear when you realise all of the people who have contacted us are from Tarn and Garonne and not other departments.
OK so now I have made you grateful you receive TAG I am going to ask a favour of you.
Last night I and a group of English supporters went to the Domaine de Sautou to the AGM and we all came away enthused with ideas to support this worth while charity supporting children in Africa in Mali. This association over 35 years has raised millions of pounds to build a hospital, schools and feed the children of Bameko. This war torn  country fought over by cocaine and arms traffickers means innocent people and children caught up in the horrors can be maimed or killed with impunity. The headquarters of this charity is here on  our doorstep at Castanet giving us a chance to get involved.
When I get the computer back I am going to publish a form which gives you the opportunity to give 10 euros a month to this charity. Now 10 euros  relates to about 3 cups of coffee in bars to us but you cannot believe how far 10 euros can go in the right hands in Mali - it can feed a child for year.
We also have plans with our home cinema ( bought from TAG, and we now have a donation of 20 euros for Mali from that sale) to host Gala evenings of opera and ballet with the proceeds going to the charity.
Another idea I want to consider, at the side of the posts on TAG as they run down the page is a blank column, under the picture  of me. I  do not want to consider advertising yet but I am going to ask artists to create a vertical design to run in this column with the theme being Africa, Mali and focusing on children. Each month this frieze can change with each artist being credited and perhaps at the end of the year having a vote for the most imaginative. I hope by doing this we can raise money by having the association constantly in our minds.
I know many artists read this blog so please get designing and then forward your frieze to me.  As I say this frieze can change monthly giving you as an artist the chance to display work and help children at the same time.
Phew! If you have read all that with out yawning thank you .