Monday 1 October 2012

Singing in the rain... at La Mothe

Some friends took me to the concert on Saturday at La Mothe [ there were 5 of us] and we all enjoyed it very much. A variety of songs, some prose and poetry as well as beautiful piano pieces. Well done everyone. In spite of the rain and sitting under the umbrellas, we enjoyed ourselves tremendously.
I for one find Taglines invaluable to keep up to date with what's going on in the area, even when I am in back in England. Thank you Val [ by the way ,am encouraging more friends and neighbours to take a look.]
Elly
Val says
Elly sent this as a comment but if I am right this lady may be Elly Wright who often makes sensible comments on different subjects. I may briefly  have said hello to Elly and I would have been more effusive if I had known it was you. I could really have egg on my face if it is a different Elly but I get used to that. Also if it is Elly  Wright she is a lovely artist whose work I saw in a Partage Art exhibition once a long time ago.
Marion Wilson says
Marion has just phoned to say thank you for the write up on the concert. She is pleased to report 110 people went and at 10 euros each, a goodly sum for the children of Mali. She was sorry for the people under the umbrellas but if anyone is passing La Mothe and would like to view the lovely gardens she will offer a glass of wine and look around as recompense. Marion says it is the first such event she has organised although twice yearly she throws open her gardens to public viewing. We look forward to the next one Marion.
Phil makes a comment
A wonderful afternoon despite the elements conspiring against. The programme was varied and inspiring. Photos from the event can be seen at:
https://picasaweb.google.com/116794283388281039559/LeConcertDesEnfantsDeBamako?authuser=0&feat=directlink
You may need to copy and paste the link to see Phil's photos.Delete