Saturday 27 October 2012

Why the long letter below.

About a week ago I phoned Michael Annett , tax advisor to ask for help on these worrying  for many, social charge issues.
 He explained in detail everything he has  now set out in his letter, well was I  going to remember all that! I talked him into putting it in writing for TAG , something he was initially loath to do as he had once been unfairly lambasted in an online forum. I explained TAG was a community magazine and not an online forum , hence the letter.
What I ended up feeling from his words of wisdom is you need a very knowledgeable accountant or tax adviser  His letter is long and I have had to import it into microsoft word to get it to fit in to the format of TAG
I sent an email yesterday to Di Hope saying she was right the charges are unjustified but maybe she was quoting the wrong bit of legislation and I loved part of her reply below.

I will naturally keep you posted on developments and any authoritative advice I receive from official sources.  In the meantime, I'm going to concentrate on more entertaining things like bottling sloe gin and making mincemeat.  If I get thrown in jail for refusal to pay taxes, I'll get very drunk before I go!!  And thanks for that advice about the TV - James came quickly, spent a very hot time on the roof in the blazing sun and I can get my daily quiz show and soap fix again!
Di Hope