Saturday 6 October 2012

Foire a la Chataigne at Laguepie Sunday 28th Oct.

Organised walks, an expo of apples, pears,chestnuts, nuts, market of regional products, grilled chestnuts, animations in the streets by Les Biroussans de St. Girons.
This is now a busier market and activity day than even St. Antonin in the summer. Buses come from all over the surrounding regions for this day of festivities. Eleven years ago it was a small acorn and now it has developed into a giant oak, if you get my meaning. It must be a good day for all the stalls and as trading must be tough this year you welcome the chance for  local people to make a bit of money but sadly for me the charm of the day has gone. Love Laguepie though I do, this day I will be in the donkey fields with my truck picking up manure.
Just googled 'Les Biroussans' and they are a folk group that dance and sing and perpetuate the songs and costume of their valley 'du Biros' in the Ariege. That puts a different perspective on the day.