Friday 20 April 2018

So many who need a friend

Malc said, “mind you do not spill your drink” as I woke  up with a shock at 7 pm.
I quickly said “ do you want a high protein yogurt or fruit”
Malc said “ I would like my supper?”
Huh!, yer what, I am ready for bed , have we not eaten yet?
Apparently not, so I need to think of something good for supper.
Busy busy day, after trying to sort out the pool this morning washing and changing filters along with changing beds, then after  walking dogs off to Varen to be at the friperie to set up for Saturday.
Before that I visited the elderly lady in need and realised what we already knew “ a couple must have two bank accounts for their money. If one dies the bank account of that person is frozen until after probate. In the meantime you have funeral fees, food and bills and no way  to pay them. The lady I visited today had hussiers bills who were trying to reclaim money. We should write a report from our experiences after 15 years on what to do before an illness or death. Although this lady was French she was still in trouble.
The next thing that happened Sally Clegg told me she had been contacted by a English lady who had broken her leg on Monday, it was now Thursday.
The lady  contacted the page on TAG for accompanied hospital visits. She fortunately after a couple of calls talked to Sally Clegg who discovered the lady had no carte vitale cover. However she arranged with English speaking Dr. Tran at Laguepie that the lady made a visit and Dr Tran arranged the hospital visit where it was indeed proved that her leg was broken.
I must stop feeling sorry for myself, so many people needing help from others, often it is not money but showing someone cares.
The elderly lady when I passed over money today cried and said , it is not the money, it is someone caring.
We have taken the hospital visits label down as it needs updating but if you want to help and you would be paid by the person for them to have an accompanied hospital visit, send all your contact details.
Me, made a simple meal  and  I am off to bed at 20h 
Taglines82@gmail,com