Friday 6 April 2018

Received this urgent message from Verfeil

kathy dog rehomer is on holiday

Is there anyone who could look after the dog for a few days


Hi Val,

 

I wonder if you can help me. I live in the UK but have a house in Verfeil Sur Seye of which I visit on a monthly basis.

 

I arrived Wednesday and a few hours after my arrival I saw a dog wandering around outside my house (I live in the Valley so abundance of fields around me). The dog was scared, skinny and covered with fleas and ticks.

 

It had a red collar and no tag. As it was past 5pm I managed to coax it in the house so I could take it to the vet (in Parisol) the next day to see if it was chipped. Unfortunately it was not, they kindly gave it flea and tick treatment and told me I had to go to my Maire who would take care of the dog / finding the owner. The Maire only opens on Monday, Wednesday and Friday’s, so I had to wait until this morning, took the dog to the vet and they told me to just leave it in the streets / fields / outside so the dog would find it’s owner………………reluctantly I tried this, left it outside in the garden / field for 2 hours, and for 2 hours it wandered round my house crying to come back in.

 

I’ve advertised this found dog on Chien Perdu online, I’ve wrote out some flyers which I will put in my neighbours letterboxes and hand out in Verfeil, but failing finding the owner, I need to get this dog rehomed. She is gentle, affectionate and such a joy to be with. If I didn’t have 3 dogs back in the UK I would take her home with me!

 

As an animal lover and trying to live as a decent human being, I cannot just leave her to fend for herself. I was suppose to leave France tomorrow (fly out from Toulouse) but now have changed a few things around at home to stay until Thursday so I can do as much as possible to either find her owner or get her re-homed.

 

I spoke to Susan at PoorPaws and she said it may be worth contacting you, as you may know a couple of women who home dogs which may be able to take her from me.

 

If you could call me on xxxxxxxxxxxx or reply by return email it would be greatly appreciated.

 

I’m popping out now for a couple of hours to hand out flyers so if I miss your call it may be worth just sending me an email to let me know you called (and with your number), our answer machine is temperamental so I don’t always get my messages.

 

Best Regards

 Roberta Lye





Taglinds82@gmail.com