Sunday 22 May 2016

Nous sommes le dimanche vingt deux

What a night!
Three o' clock in the morning, we've danced the whole night through!
Well it was 3 when I was woken by a donkey braying and then what sounded like  huge sobs from another. I tried to wake Malc who streadfastly continued sleeping.
Now it could have been a passing animal frightening the donkeys or it could have been a donkey escape?
I turned over and tried to go back to sleep.. but the more I thought about it the more I became convinced it was an escape. I got up put on some clothes, wellies and grabbed a big lamp, debated if I should wake Malc in case I had an accident whilst out. (the thought if him sleeping till 8 am never realising I was missing! went through my head) In the event I left him sleeping.
Into the garden and up to the fields to walk along the donkey fencing shining the huge torch as I went. Suddenly from  my side of the fence Rosie came running up behind me, whilst Lucy was on the other side of the fence still.
I walked Rosie back and after an initial dodgy moment where she refused to go back in and Lucy tried her luck at getting out, I got them both on the right side.
Not over yet as I then had to find where the escape was made. After walking the fence I found where the line was down and replacing it I realised the line had no electric charge... hence the break out.
No possibility of getting a battery today, so cross fingers that they both stay where they should.
I did wonder if they had iphones 6 and were secret TAG readers and knew the boys were coming back and wanted to look for them.
However when I got back in, Malc rolled over and crossly said half asleep "what are you up to?"
Go back to sleep Malc, panic over!
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com