Saturday 26 December 2015

We can change the world, let us try for 2016

Hi Val
Some seasonally good (enough, all things considered) news. Things less awful for the Calais refugees than they might otherwise be thanks to so many of you. Thought you may like to read about it. 
Liz
xx


Val says - a great article which had me in tears. These people, thousands of them should be dealt a better hand than living in a muddy cesspit being helped by hundreds of us all , but not by governments.
 Governments who are so scared to show their humanity at the cost of losing votes to the  fanatical extreme right.
At some point one has to stand up and be counted;  on the side of humanity or not. 

I was brought up a Christian, in my case  C of E. I attended a church school and I went every Sunday to Sunday school. My first ever  glowing reference was from Canon Parks our vicar.
I do not know now  if I believe in a GOD or Allah or any other religious being but I do know and respect the ten commandments and all the lessons I was taught at Church and sunday school.
 Do not walk on the other side of the road if you see a beggar...  go to him and help him.
Love your neighbour as yourself.. be he of another colour or creed.

Now I know most of us at my age or even younger Cof E or RC were taught and told these lessons.
Did we listen and understand? I certainly did and know what is right and wrong.
What did politicians learn at school and Sunday school?
Surely the vast majority of us must  remember. If you take a moment to think back you will understand much more and help us all that are working to help other people less fortunate.. does not matter who, could be Muslim, Sikh, Hindu, Pakistani, Iranian, Welsh man etc.
JUST get out and help and if you cannot think how contact me and I will point you in the right direction.
No complaining  letters please about being lectured, just think of how your parents would have wanted you to behave and help ( unless of course your parents were also uncaring sh***s)
We all have a chance to right wrongs and let us improve 2016 for humanity.

Also thanks to Liz and Robert for sending 8 new Arabic / French dictionaries for
 the boys