Tuesday 22 December 2015

Changing the petanque pitch to a car park in St. Antonin

Hi Val, 

 you probably remember a few weeks ago about the rumour I had heard about the above. You mentioned you would find out if it was true from a Council member friend . I know you were shocked as I was if this indeed was true. A beautiful medieval village being altered on the main frontage of the river where people love to walk and the locals play petanque/Boules. Then alongside you can also look at that horrible illuminated sign that almost appeared  overnight along with a partner at the entrance to the Halle. I should have realised that when the storm damage to the river wall alongside the open area was not repaired for the Summer that there were problems. I wonder what the lovely group of Petanque players feel about this plan and was anybody consulted about the new plan. All this is now confirmed in the latest December edition of the St Antonin magazine. I hope you can look at this as soon as possible ,although I know you are very busy. 

Have a Happy and Merry Christmas both,

xx  Max and Jacqui,

Val says  what a tragic move that would be. I mentioned it to someone tonight who said " but we are very short of car parking spaces! " I think I jokingly said " philistine" and I do agree totally about the sign being out of place in a medieval village.
Anyone know anymore?

Michelle says 
Criminal!it is not just because of aesthetics, petanque is a part of what makes up real French social life especially in the South. Short of parking spaces! Only on market day. Plenty of spaces over the bridge if people are actually willing to walk 5 minutes
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com