Thursday 26 February 2015

Some go to the gym, some have brisk walks, some keep donkeys!

Some keep donkeys and do all of these things sometimes in pyjamas.
It was odd this morning as looking out early I certainly saw a couple of donkeys, but when I went out to feed them not a donkey was in sight. I went to the stable and all the hay put out for supper was still there. How very odd, I began to doubt I had seen two.
 I called and called and eventually Filou and Coco appeared from our wood, but where were Rosie and Lucy? Still in jim jams in the pouring rain I went round the wood checking the fence and  slip sliding away, slip sliding away, still cheerful enough to hum. I assumed the girls had got out and escaped but on the last section I suddenly spotted the girls seemingly stuck up against a fence not daring I thought to climb back over some mossy stones. With all my energy I removed all the huge stones making a small path through and suddenly realised that Lucy was trapped between two lines of barbed wire. I felt sick and fortunately Malc arrived to find out what was going on and I yelled fetch the wire clippers quickly. Malc bearing in mind has an artificial leg, scrambled over the mossy stones and squelching mud and cut the wires.
I checked Lucy over for cuts and miraculously she seems OK, Rosie was just trapped behind her and gingerly they both left their prison.
Filou by now was so relieved to see Rosie who is of course in season, and he brayed and brayed but then got a kick for sniffing her nether regions.
The poor girls must have been there overnight and the boys would stay with them.
That section of wood is now closed off and on a drier day we need to remove all the dreadful barbed wire.
Good fun donkey keeping!
Malc says where is the nearest gym we can join?
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com