Tuesday 16 September 2014

Please help me when I am pressed for time

Dear Val
As I try to use my French for my nationality exam personally I am delighted to read French in TAG as it helps me practice it early in the morning. However I am very aware that many of Brits live here hardly speak any. Do you think it would be a good idea to ensure that the more of the important publicity you give is in English? I was particularly thinking of the weekend for Alzheimer 82, an organisation of which many of us support through TAG, more of us will use if we dement and if this is the case we will need it to offer all its services in English. People with dementia loose their aquired languages, in our case French, before they loose their mother tongue, however TAG is promoting the awareness weekend in French so how many of us will realise what TAG has said.
Ginny
Val says 
I agree Ginny, for some it is a problem and I usually translate every story from the French newspapers for TAG, but some days I am so pressed for time I just cannot do it. I put the Alzheimer story on as it was so worthy but please feel free anyone with good French to help me out, if you see an article has not been translated. Good for your French Ginny?