Monday 29 September 2014

Thank you for telling me about that Val, said tongue in cheek!

Marcia Scott's words as we backed out of the old Mairie near the end of a meeting of the Comité des Fetes. Malc had seen it was the AGM on the village notice board and thought with the events we organised last year in the village it might be useful to meet the comité des fetes members.
I have never seen teenagers in the village till tonight and sitting around the table was a bunch of kids, I do not think I was ever that young. The secretary and treasurer were middle aged and seemed to have it all under control. The Mayor sat next to me and I said "where did all these youngsters come from?" It worked out they had been born in the village but many now lived in Laguepie or Milhars.
Marcia and I sneaked away when the kids got out their iphones to play rival bands they wanted to book for the summer, punching their fists in the air in time to the music. I have never felt soo old ...  definitely antiquated.
Tonight was not a language problem more an age thing. The kids probably wondered why the two grannies had come and the Mayor, well he sneaked off before us.
Now we know why we say every year  "who chooses  the bands at the summer fètes?"
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com