Sunday 13 July 2014

My life in the raw

An example of a morning in my life and it does include those donkeys again.
Yesterday three young French people came with me to walk the donkeys. I was slightly alarmed when the  young people started packing maps and routes and picnics. I had at the most a couple of hours between other commitments.

 Filou the big ugly chap was loaded up with all this paraphernalia including warm jumpers, for heavens sake. I pointed out that the bags used made crinkly sounds and I know it frightens the donkeys, but everyone thought it would be good education for them.
 We had been going about an hour when the bags slid off hitting the floor with a crinkle and a loud thud.... The donkeys were off at a gallop with us all clinging on for dear life, till I shouted " let them go / lâchez les" and off they ran. Once calm was restored I caught them easily "come here my babies,"  usually works, and off we went again.

On arriving back at Mas del Sol I had promised the renters' children a donkey ride. Three donkeys were taken back to the field, I went to get a saddle and asked the renter, a big chap, (not ugly) to hold little Coco till I got back.
Little Coco decided he would rather come with me and when I turned round I saw a little donkey pulling a big man along the road, and can they do a speed when they want to, as can a big man in crocs!

The children were given their rides wearing their riding hats which I thought would be called "casquettes" but works out they are called " bombes"
I got back home exhausted ready to get changed for the next outing and put antiseptic cream on my raw fingers where the lead  had  rubbed.

Sounds like a life to me, Hans, although who would want it, but me?
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com