Tuesday 29 July 2014

The House at Zaronza, by local author Vanessa Couchman, published today

Dear Val,

My historical novel, The House at Zaronza, is published today by Crooked Cat Books!

Set in early 20th-century Corsica and at the Western Front in World War I, it tells the story of Maria Orsini, the daughter of a bourgeois family in a Corsican village. A new schoolmaster comes to the village and they carry on a secret romance, but Maria’s family has other ideas for her future. She becomes a volunteer nurse during the war and the novel follows her fortunes through the war and beyond.

The novel is loosely inspired by a true story, which we uncovered on holiday in Corsica a couple of years ago. Corsica is a captivating island with a fascinating history.

With the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of World War I less than a week away, the book covers a topical subject. I did a lot of research both about Corsican history and culture and about nursing in World War I.

It’s available in paperback and e-book formats from Amazon (co.uk and com and also on fr):



The Kindle version is on special offer during the week of publication.

Many thanks for your support, Val, which is greatly appreciated.

Vanessa Couchman x  

Val says well done Vanessa, I have ordered my copy on Amazon
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com