Sunday 20 July 2014

Well done - I think it was a lovely event.

So says Glynis about our Salon du Jardin.

Val says 
I thought it was such a good day with a few dodgy moments.
For example, a big group went to eat at the Moulin and I left to be back at the Salon  / salle for 2pm for the opening of the doors by the Mayor. We had not allowed enough time for the judges and committee members and so participants were rushing their food to get back.
I was met by the Mayor who had come to open the salon and had to ask if he could come back at 4 pm for the presentation. The Mayor " chuckled" albeit in a deep throated smokers way and said " but I wanted to play boules"  Malc totally understood that,  so the Mayor gave a few encouraging words to about ten people and left.

Then on the morning " les petrolheads brought their lovely old cars to be parked in the camp site at the Moulin and we were meant to send people round. In the event people arrived, left their things to be shown and then went back home to their pools... it was a hot day.  I was totally at fault and give my sincere apologies to the disgruntled "petrolheads. "  Time and lack of organisation  meant I had not given enough thought to promoting the group who came out to support us. I did say to one member,  "it will be better next year"  but understand totally if I get blown " raspberries"

Overall I felt our French friends were happier with the artisanat than the vegetables, there were lots of puzzled stares at 3 carrots on a plate, with leaves cut to 8 cms. But let us see what next year brings.

One French lady said to me " it has been a really good day but next year leave out the vegetables!!"
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com