Wednesday 16 April 2014

Mr RAT has got to go, even I think that.

Hi Val and Subbie
Do any readers of Tag know a good way to get rid of the Lily beetle?  My plants get them every year and I don gardening gloves and squash the little blighters when I can and remove that horrible black stuff they leave on the leaves. They have already half eaten  lots of the leaves of my lillies and I would like some of them to flower this year.

Talking of eradicating pests, does anyone have a foolproof way of getting rid of the Ragodin. As soon as one goes another appears and I want to put some aquatic plants in the small lake we have. Pointless while Monsieur and Madame Rat are making home there.

I know you are an animal lover Val, so am I, but a rat is a rat, and I am fed up of cleaning up their excrement on a daily basis!

Sarah Massey


Val says  I don't know how to get rid of the Lily Beetle, but I am sure someone will.
The Ragodin has got to go in my opinion, although the last time this came up a reader was happy with their ragodin in the pond. Trapping seems to be the best way. Have a word with a local chasse or the Mairie, to find out who can help. Anyone with more ideas let us know.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com