Saturday 26 April 2014

Making a show of ourselves

You will remember me putting on information on TAG about our village  flower show in England, Binfield Heath  Flower Show just outside Henley. Malc and I were very pleased in our first entries to win the prize for chutney with my Mother's prize winning recipe, and also the first prize for our apples and second prize for our plums.  We were very impressed with the whole event and really fancy doing the same thing here in our village in Varen.
Martine Lyon at Puylaroque also fancied doing a similar thing in their village, as does Debbie from Les Jardins des Espiemonts.
Having talked about it one can see quite a bit of thought and preparation would be needed to get it "just right"
Martine and I both agreed we would like to do it in our villages using salle des fetes and outside space around those areas and we have to arrange it for everyone not just our compatriots.
My plan now is to talk to all the French organisers of the summer activities and alert them to what I am planning  and then get  a mixed  nationality team  ready for for next summer and
 "THE VAREN SUMMER  SHOW"
A friend has given me information about their summer fete near Canterbury and it is really useful info. to work with. Below is a dish of prize winning runner beans, on a white plate, the right number and equal length, well done Liz. I have just noticed it was the novice class!
Prize winning beans

Early next Spring I will give details of plant and flower categories, cakes and flower arranging etc. That will give you time to grow your exceptional leeks or sweet peas.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com