Sunday 20 April 2014

Donkey tales at Easter

A nice SMALL group of us were lunching when one of the party said " I love reading about your donkeys and their antics."
 A few minutes later there was a knock on the door and our older  French neighbour Norbert was there telling me our donkeys had escaped again and were in a field behind his house.
I shot off to tell the guests " keep enjoying the goose and Yorkshire puddings and I will be back soon." There were a couple of half hearted  "do you need a hand"  but with a blasé " no, only a minute's job," I was off.
I had quickly to change from black silky trousers and jewels into the brown donkey coat and wellies, Beatrix Potter brown hat pulled on and off  I went.
Firstly  I checked the stable to get the leads and was surprised my two girls were forlornly sheltering  from the rain in there.
The boys were missing.  I went running over to the neighbour's house. The donkeys had been spotted in his field. They were now  nowhere in sight so I thought " sod it, they are not even my donkeys, I am going back home to phone the owner"
It then transpired that the owner had decided to walk her two donkeys and she could not see Malc or I to let us know. At lunchtime they had  made a fenced area and then went home for lunch and thought they would come back for them later. This is when Norbert had seen them roaming about, as he thought  on their own.
So for the friend who  says she enjoys these stories, here you were involved in one, and you saw at first hand what a merry dance I have with those donkeys.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com