Wednesday 23 April 2014

And in the agenda today...

Got up fed the inside pets, fed the outside pets, wrote a bit for TAG.
Julia, French young lady came to see if I would take my donkeys with hers down a couple of fields to "debarasse" a bit of their land. They have bought some fields over the road from our house and she has had one field ploughed and planted with strawberries and rhubarb. Along the hedge were lots of bushes and brambles which the donkeys will munch and clear. I had exactly one hour before we needed to go out. I donned  my boots, and the donkeys donned their " licols/ head harnesses" and we were off,  practically at the gallop.
Julia had told me that the path down was difficult, knee high with tall grass and what felt like a 90 degree slippery slope. ( Malc says that would make it vertical, but it felt like that!) Well when you are Julia's age you can cope but at my age with two donkeys on a lead on a slippery slope, it was all downhill! 
Julia said she would go first down the hill as she had done it before, but I forgot to say my girls are the lead donkeys. As she started in front my two took umbrage at the boys being first and rushed past them all  with me hanging on for grim death.  Death it would have been if I had not decided the better part of valour was to leave go and  think of safety.
We managed to get the boy donkeys down and into the fenced area. My two were having a whale of a time munching the long grass and no way were they "coming to Mummy"  It took a bit of a cunning trick to catch them in between a hedge and then into the fenced area. As we got mine in, Coco the little beggar got out and ran off. We caught him again and in he went.
 Julia was staying with them to work the fields so I then had to mount the incline to get back, even without the donkeys I struggled, puffing and panting, arriving home exhausted.
Straight off after a quick change into dry and cleaner clothes driving to the other side of Puylaroque. A really lovely lunch with French lady Martine and cuddly husband Geoff (can I say that) then straight back home as we were not sure if some other visitors were coming for 4 pm.
Dogs to feed and walk and I suddenly remembered a Doctor's appointment just to renew medicines.
If keeping active is good for you I must be full of goodness.
But by golly am I tired tonight.
Val says Malc thinks it sexist to call Geoff cuddly, so omit that bit please.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com