Sunday 13 April 2014

DO not do this at home, unless you have practical skills!

Hi Val
We couldn't find one, an electrician.  But when we got a French guy in to plaster some ceilings, it turned out he was studying to do electrics, and he brought with him his textbook.  We noted the publishers, ordered a copy, read it through, and I've been doing our electrics myself, fully to French standards, ever since!
x C   
Val says   My sub, well the TAG sub, is a great guy but the thought of him redoing the electrics round the house makes me shiver. Malc can speak French like a native, fill in his tax returns and understand them, sell an antiquarian book for  60,000  pounds but surely plumbing and electricity demand certain skills which I am happy to pay for ( peace of mind )
C is  obviously very practical so good luck to him, but just in case emergency number is 18 for accidents
To be fair to Malc he can read, understand an assemble IKEA furniture, which demands a degree!