Saturday 28 December 2013

Terribly shelfish... who me?

We needed two turkeys for New Years Eve as we are planning an " auberge espagnol" and I have said I will organise the main course.
This morning finding a parking place at Hyperu at Villefranche took me back to trying to park at the shopping centre in Reading. Twice I was about to drive into a space but was beaten to it so I thought, more assertive driving needed. There was a space, spotted at the same time by a car coming the other way, we both started signaling but I was in the better position and turned and glided in giving Malc a smug smile.
I got out and to my horror the other driver was still there and had rolled down his window to give me a piece of his mind. I rushed up all apologetic explaining in probably not very good French why I had taken such decisive action. The young  Frenchman looked cooly at me and said in perfect although accented English " "but surely those experiences are not to be repeated. I wish you a good day" Did I feel terrible? All around the store which was busy I was fearful of having another brush with him with my trolley.
By the way the heading was spelt that way to remind me to mention the special shellfish " oyster" counter  which was doing a roaring trade.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com