Sunday 29 December 2013

A donkey on the loose makes an interesting " donkey tail"

What a relief, it was not one of mine.
I loved this story when a reader told it to me. Last Sunday at the market at St. Antonin the ex gendarme was there with two of his donkeys giving rides. One donkey had been left tied up whilst the other went off with a child on his back. I know from my own donkeys, they like to stay together. The little donkey left behind managed to untie himself and went galloping off down the main street to find his companion, with people jumping out of his way on all sides. I can tell you from experience there would be no stopping that little chap till he found his chum. I was surprised that the second donkey was not tied to the first even though he did not have a child rider, as long as they are together they are calm.
Ah, the delight and pleasure these donkey friends of ours give and  I bet many left the market that day with an interesting donkey  tail/ tale
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com