Monday 14 October 2013

Not a recipe this time for Coq au vin



Whilst I was looking for interesting local / SW france news and interesting

items I fell upon ( not literally) Perry Taylor. Well you know how I like my


funny animal stories, all about my funny animals, well Perry does not write

about them but draws pictures of what must be them. He sees my pets through
his artists eye in the way I see them in real life.


Perry, originally from Oxford, has settled in the SW with his Dutch wife and

sells his art on the internet, at markets and several boutiques in his

region of the Gers and Hautes-Pyrénées. Perry's cartoons of country life are

a great success. They capture the simplest of pleasures in the French

countryside. Markets, grape picking, hunting, mushroom hunting,

vide-greniers, chance encounters and village life. Full of detail and always

something funny going on, whether it's farmers, expats, ducks or chickens.


He has an online gallery of over 200 different drawings, with prices

starting at 20 euros a print. Perfect as a personal and original gift.

He also sells original drawings and limited edition prints. You can even

commission him to do a piece. I would love one with my donkey girls standing

holding their grey buckets shouting " we want more".


You can see his collection of over 200 prints on his website 
 




To find out where Perry next has his stand, check his EVENTS page.


Comments to taglines82@gmail.com