Wednesday 30 October 2013

Elly Wright, artist with an atelier in the summer at Najac

Hi  Val,
It sounds as if you have had a lovely holiday. My husband and I used to visit that area of Spain. It was so easy to pop over the border and enjoy a totally different culture and language. Those were the days.
Thank you for asking about the exhibition. I have written a few lines for taglines about the exhibition and my plans for next year. A couple of photos of my paintings are also attached.
Is the winterfuel petition still running? I have some more friends I can ask to sign, but am not sure whether the petition is still open for signatures?
All the best and keep up the good work. I always visit the blog at least once a day.
Elly xx

Val says  I have just checked the petition I put on change.org and it is up to 100 signatures but I would advise readers interested to sign the Connexion petition, which has over 13,000 signatures.
as Elly is such a lovely artist  an interested regular contributor I have asked her to tell us about her exhibition.


SEAM4 exhibition at WAC Gallery, Waterloo, London,  7-19 October 2013

Life has been hectic since I returned to UK from France last September. I brought back a lot of paintings made during the summer in my French atelier for a two week exhibition in London in October. The vernissage was held on 8 October, attracting a good 100 guests and another ‘Meet the artists’ event took place on Saturday 12 October. Both events were well attended and the wine (imported directly from France by yours truly) flowed liberally on both occasions. Whether that influenced the sale of paintings I could not possibly comment on, but we all sold work both to known collectors but also to casual visitors. The WAC Gallery in Waterloo Action Centre is diagonally opposite the Old Vic theatre and I sold some work to unsuspecting theatre goers from the USA and Bristol. They dropped in to kill time before the performance and walked out with two small paintings. I also was particularly touched by the visit of two of my good friends and neighbours from Najac, who had come to London to see the show and spend some time with me.

At the moment I am making plans with an artist friend for an exhibition in France in the summer of next year. We are very enthusiastic about this and as soon as I have more news, I’ll let you know. If however, our plans came to nothing, I do hope to hold at least an open studio in my own atelier near Najac next year. So, watch this space.