Monday 21 October 2013

A little bit of TAG history

Hi Val, look what I found! I was going through my parents' house folder which contains leaflets and info of things to do in the area. It dates back years and I came across an old printed TAGlines, issue 4 from 2005! It's still a good read and thanks to the folder in very good condition!

Becky x
Mini Monde
Val says Look after it if it is in  pristine condition Becky, it could become a collectors piece, it must be rare now !
The thing I remember about it was distribution, which was difficult,  taking it and leaving it around the area and standing handing it out in the market. Then as now it was free and a few adverts paid for the cost of printing which we did. Malc has always asked  ''why Val''  and I  think the ''why'' stems from my background in libraries and enjoying diffusing information.
The ''why'' now is because I can make money for two relatively unknown but worthwhile charities.I meet people who tell me how useful it is when they are newbies here, adverts find  work for people which is not an easy thing to do in SW France and both Malc and I have met lots of interesting people we might never have got to know. Sounds worthwhile to me.
Thanks Becky for letting me relive memories and has anyone still got the first issue?
Malc has asked me to say  he  now thinks TAG is worthwhile and  he supports me,  wow! and he does.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com