Monday 22 July 2013

Make a copy of important things

Hi Val
I think that everyone should be interested in making sure their digital photos (and everything else of value) on their computers is secure.
This means that there needs to be a backup - in other words a copy that is not kept in the same place as the computer.
The reasons for this could be computer fault (your harddrive dies and all the files are lost or virus), your computer gets stolen, or even worse fire.
I know it is boring and hard to do, I am not very good at it myself but I do have two external harddrives that don't live in the study that periodically I copy all my and Karen's important documents, photos and MP3s onto - mainly it is photos though.
If people have solutions to this problem maybe they would like to discuss them ..
Here are someone elses thoughts:
On another subject - if you want to buy a new digital camera online from Hong Kong they are MUCH cheaper and seem to be reliable and quick - www.digitalrev.com/ 
bonne soirée
James Sweeting       james@rysuk.com