Monday 22 July 2013

Frogs are the theme of the day

Hello All,

I have wanted to get a picture of a red squirrel for ages mostly I see them running away from me on the road or high up in the trees but I do have a hazel nut tree so maybe I will be lucky this year.  I see that we have another budding photographer, la Sharki, well we have a few frogs in our "golden pond", this is a shot of a Marsh Frog which is the largest frog native to Europe and can reach up to 13cm in length.  The other is a Common tree frog which will reach a maximum length of 50mm so quite small in comparison.  These tree frogs have sticky pads which enables them to climb almost anything and we do find those in the strangest of places, tops of doors, inside of the watering can and under leaves.

Regards

Neville

Val says
Why is the pond golden Neville, Is it the light?
Nev saysIt was the sun shining through some clouds, like a misty morning (but it was 17:20) and it created a golden glow reflecting on the pond, the frog just popped up and the ripples were caused by the frog breathing.

Neville



Marsh Frog  / click on pictures for larger images




Common [me!] tree frog