Tuesday 23 July 2013

David's recipe for Open faced apricot tarte, made by Malc

Malc is the cook here, but even then he tends to stick to what we in the north would call dinners. No pastries or cakes for him yet... until he tried David's recipe.I was very busy typing TAG [ what else] when I heard expletives coming from the kitchen and Malc said ''well he never said take the paper off !! '' Elementary my dear Malcolm,  with bought pastry, should not need to be told that [ she says]
Anyway the proof of the pudding was going to be in the eating, sadly my tummy bug made it not possible for me to have any , my daughter tells us she does not like apricots [never knew that] the children prefered ice cream on its own and Malcolm and son in law thought it delicious. Hard life being a chef.
I, on the other hand did make Glynis's salad twice and it was well received all round. Check all these recipes out in Cooks.
Next week Malc is doing it all again with plums as he has enough of the ground almonds left to do another.
comments to taglines82@gmail.com