Tuesday 29 September 2015

Anyone with an interest in helping refugees try to get to Michelle's Sunday

 Hi Val

Roll up, roll up, cakes for Calais at the home of Michelle Jones in St. Antonin. Cakes baked will be welcomed. All proceeds raised to go to Sid and Laura who are building temporary shelters for the needy at Calais, concentrating it would appear on housing pregnant ladies and young children.
Michelle lives just before the Guinguette de la plage car park on chemin du Baton in  st. Antonin.
Venez, venez cakes pour Calais.

Val says I received this letter today and am encouraging the ladies to come. I am not sure how we can get refugees rehomed but Michelle may know and with all our heads together and with input from Sid and Laura, who are up there working, we should be able to get a plan together.

 Rehoming Syrian refugees

Hi there Val,

Great to make contact. I live in Montaigu de Quercy and now that summer visitors have gone I have a family sized room with an en-suite upstairs in our house which I would love to offer to a Syrian family. I am keen to help a family get a new footing in the world and help them on their way to recovery with schooling, jobs etc... I've just been in the dark as to how to go about this in France but if you have found a way then great. And please let me know if I can help you in your campaign at all. I have another friend who is equally serious about housing a family so hopefully we can get some people out of the camps and into homes.

Happy to come to St Antonin to meet too if easier for you.
Best
Caroline

Val says hope the ladies can come on Sundaywhen rehoming can be discussed, please anyone else interested do come.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com