Wednesday 23 September 2015

Advice given and heeded

Be gone mid-life crisis!

Earlier this year I wrote a blog about the virtues of leading an ordinary life. There was a disgruntled undertone, but basically I was giving thanks for my secure and comfortable existence. In response, however, I received some passionate advice from a friend's mother, who was adamant that we should fight against playing it safe. "Do not let the excitement slip from your life in your middle years," she urged me. "Have a challenge of doing something new, daring and exciting." Her words struck a chord.

Val says Emma is a friend from Henley on Thames, she is a writer and writes a blog as well. Check out  www.emmaclarklam.blogspot.co.uk
 You will enjoy her writing, from Oxford in to journalism for 10 years and now writing novels.
Ps I am that friend's mother.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com