Saturday 26 September 2015

A Fine Line, just up my street at FET Les Cabannes

I so enjoyed tonights performance by Judith Paris, performing the words of Ronnie Dorsey.
So embroiled and enthralled was I in the " talking heads" type story, that I had tears in my eyes as the evening ended.
I loved the story of the now elderly lady reliving her life, not really knowing she was a lesbian, but knowing love of her  girl friend all her life. I was not sure of Malc's reaction but I think he enjoyed it as much as I. It was down to earth, as life is and one felt it could be anyone's story. We worked through the sadness of losing a child, her mother's wanting her daughter to marry, " you are nothing without a man" and that certainly was a sentiment 50 years ago of many mothers. The marriage of her friend and the closeness of the two women as the husband had affair after affair. Later I wondered if perhaps the errant man knew his wife had feelings for her friend and this was his way of coping with rejection to his manhood.
All in all a lovely interesting evening and a night where I felt as after most shows " I love theatre"
Malc wanted to rush home for the rugby so we did not stay to hear the poems read by the author of the play. Shame.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com