Friday 14 August 2015

Feeling ... disappointed

You know when you feel you will be on to a winner... but the runner comes in last or indeed falls at the first fence?
Do not know why I am doing a racing simile as I am not a betting person.
Miserable day weather wise but I thought a super dooper meal would cheer us all up.
Faces were glum trudging through the streets of Villefranche in the rain but I thought this was a temporary set back. We had six of us family booked in at "Le Cote Saveurs"
Two chose the 44 euro menu, three the 31 euros and one kiddie menu at 12.
A lot of explaining needed with the youngsters on the menu and in fact we were not quite sure what dishes were going to be, adding to the interest I told everyone.
Firstly I must say the presentation of each course was superb, masterly indeed, but how disappointing most of the tastes were. Considering flavours are so important we were disappointed with the flavours and the food.
I so wanted this to be good perhaps my expectations were too high, but the others all felt the same. Would we go again?  Probably not but we would not discourage others from going as this is the first mostly negative report we have had. I have not discussed the actual menus although someone had pigeon, some pork and another fish.
The service was excellent, the food was not bad just over tweaked. Out of 5,  for me a 3.
Malc says maybe a 4 from him and added that he ate everything. Well he would the size of the portions.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com