Wednesday 19 August 2015

Dogs, dustbins and Calais

Dear Val,
In the words of a certain Mr. McEnroe, you cannot be serious !!!  Of course you can put your rubbish where you like, just who do your new neighbours think they are ?!  I feel you have to have a word in their shell likes to point out that as newcomers they are not going the best way to make friends.  Hmm, wonder who they will turn to if/when their electricity and or water goes off for an inexplicable reason as sometimes happens.
Also I received from the lovely Evelyn of DogLinks the email about the poor dog who has to go because children are arriving at the end of the month !!!  Predictably my reply was curt to say the least.
Finally, I had amassed a load of towels, blankets and sheets for the lady going to Kos and had them in the car to take to her but apparently her car is full and she only took the towels.  I’m not sure about medications so if you haven’t yet set off for Lauzerte you may like to check.
Sue x

Val says  I had a feeling things would not go well with new neighbours when I was greeted with 
" Ah! you are the lady who likes black children" which left me nonplussed,  nuff said there.

On the poor dog who has most things going for him but does not like children I hope someone will take him before the  couple think of the long sleep. A fenced park and kennel would solve the problem. 

On the situation of things going for Greece I will check if there is space for the stuff we are sending (I am sure they will fit in the medicines) but if not, this perfect plan is forming.
Jane Wallace brought lots of  good stuff and whilst here we discussed helping refugees in Calais. I said we could easily get clothes, bedding etc. but it would be getting them up there.
Today Marcia Scott came with her things and when I mentioned it to her she offered straightaway to borrow her husbands builders truck and drive to Calais.
This afternoon Jo from Verfeil came and said she would raise money for petrol and more things to go.
I will let you know when this plan is in place and also wonder if there  would be a volunteer to sit in with Marcia.
I will also check with associations who are helping in Calais and see if we are sending the right things.
We do not mess around ladies do we.
Well done readers, the response has been amazing, humanity rocks after all.