Sunday 21 June 2015

The youngsters of the Voices choir at Villefranche de Rouergue

Just got back hot and tired from listening to the Voices choirs at Villefranche in The Chapel of the Penitants Noir, what a beautiful interior, I have always admired the exterior but inside was just spectacular. We saw it on Racines et des Ailes, a French TV programme  a couple of weeks ago, so it was good to see it in the flesh so to speak. 
The church was packed, over packed in truth and family and friends supporting were spilling out in to the streets. I managed to get a seat simply because a French lady felt faint and when everyone nearby looked for a worthy person, I was chosen. I did ask was it because I was old, but was diplomatically told it was because all the others were young!
The singing started with an occitane choir and then three Voices choirs, covering all ages from 4 to 71. Did not know the four year old but I am married to the one at 71!
Friends and I really enjoyed the music and Becky Brown and Julie Gibergues the choir leaders had done a good job on their students, coaxing them into shape.
Well done to all who participated in this friendly family chorale event.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com