Tuesday 23 June 2015

Sue at Poorpaws gives her thoughts

Dear Val,

After a busy couple of days I have been catching up on TAG. Thank you for
putting Jimmy out there, I just cannot fathom why he has not been snapped
up. On the subject of wandering dogs it would make life much easier if
every dog owner made sure their dog(s) has a light coloured collar with the
telephone number written on in indelible ink. Not everyone will bother to
take a dog to the vet to see if there is a chip but most would give a call
if there is a number. The little metal 'barrel' tags where you put your
name and address inside are useless, most come off within a couple of days.

When walking a few of the dogs yesterday up the hill overlooking the valley
behind our house, I was shouted at by someone I couldn't see in the trees,
to get my dogs away as they were scaring his poultry. Now I will do
anything I can to ensure good neighbourly relations but this is getting
ridiculous. Here we are living in the beautiful French countryside, only a
few houses in view and I cannot let my dogs run free. If it's not the
hunters it is now bird keepers - who I suspect are raising birds for the
hunters to shoot later in the year !

BTW Eldo looks great - I tried putting neckerchiefs round some of our dogs
but they had a great day pulling them all off each other !!

Fingers crossed for St. A tonight - or perhaps not, all those thousands of
visitors !!
Sue x
Poorpaws
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com