Friday 26 June 2015

Morning excitement with the famous four

Suddenly at the large salon window this morning we had four donkey faces peering in.
I thought I had heard close hee haws in the night and woke Malc, who as he had not heard anything drifted back to sleep.
We have renters in the gite who booked last year and they tell me they had an interesting start to the morning watching them from the terrace. Half an hour ago they were out on the road but were chased back into the grounds by Kenza the neighbours dog.
I dashed over to the stable area and filled a couple of buckets with donkey delights, gave the buckets  a rattle and shake and four donkeys galloped madly across the badminton court, boules pitch, and croquet lawn  to get to me. I then calmly walked them into their field.
The escaping point was discovered with a quick walk around the fence where an old wooden post had been pushed over.
Lovely morning for walking the grounds.
More news at 11am
Julia owner of two donkeys came dashing over to say the donkeys were out. They had passed through her garden eating flowers and leaving pooh!
I told her after a night having fun, like good donkeys they made their way home. I think they had got the scent  of the two visiting mules, so now having made their acquaintance more night time romps may be on the cards.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com